We recommend always creating the zones first, to make it easier to assign your assets to the correct zone at creation. To learn more about creating zones CLICK HERE.
Creating an asset
Right-click on the map where you want to place the space.
A pop-up will appear. Here you can select “Desk”, "Room", "Zone" or "Sign" in the drop-down menu.
Adding a Desk
After choosing "Desk", for example, you can give the asset a name. If you are planning on creating multiple desks with an incrementing number, you can change the name at a later time.
- Add the mesh name depending on what type of space you want to add. See all mesh names HERE. Note that the mesh name must be an exact match, otherwise, the space will not show on the map.
- Select the equipment that is specific to the desk. It will be possible to multi-select spaces and change all later so if you are planning on adding multiple spaces with the same equipment you can skip this setting.
- Select the zone, the space will automatically select the zone that it is created in. It will be possible to multi-select spaces and change all later so if you are planning on adding multiple spaces with the same zone you can ship this setting.
- Select the configuration. It will be possible to multi-select spaces and change all later so if you are planning on adding multiple spaces with the same configuration you can skip this setting.
- Press “Create Desk”
- The created space will show up on the map where you created the space.
Click on an asset to edit it.
To edit multiple spaces at the same time, hold down the ctrl button, and click on all spaces you want to edit.
In the configuration pane on the right-hand side you can do the following:
- Give the spaces a new name. If you name the space Desk 01 the other spaces will get the same name but with the number incremented ("Desk 02", "Desk 03", etc.)
- Choose the equipment, all spaces you have selected will get the same equipment as you select.
- Change Configuration, all spaces you have selected will get the same configuration
- Change zone, all spaces you have selected will get the same zone
- Click "Save Change" to update the spaces.
You can move a single space by clicking on the space and dragging it from the green square. You can also move the space in X or Y direction by dragging the arrows or using the arrow keys or the WASD keys.
To group spaces together (for example a group of 4 desks) you multi-select desks by holding down the ctrl button and clicking on all spaces you want to group.
If you have an incrementing naming the spaces will be grouped in the order you select them.
When you have selected multiple spaces, at the top you will now see an option to align.
- If you select “One” all spaces you selected will be grouped in one row.
- If you select ”Two” the spaces you selected will be grouped in two rows.
- The fields called <space> are for selecting how close / far away from each other the spaces should be in “X/Y” -led.
- The last field is for selecting the rotation of the group.
- Press the “Update” button when you have done all selections.
Removing a Space
- Click on a space, and the configuration pane on the right side will appear.
- Click on the "Delete" button.