The LoRa gateway need to have:
- MQTT on port 1883 (UDP/TCP) open towards lorawan-ns-eu.tektelic.com - needed for sensor data
- For Gateways delivered after FEB 23 from FACTORY you may need to open port 8883 instead of 1883, or both if you have a mixed environment.
- Ping (ICMP) opened towards Google DNS 220.127.116.11 - needed for watchdog
- You also need to make sure that all network requirements are met before powering up the GW, if not the time (frequency) of how often the gateway tries to connect will be longer and longer until finally it stops trying altogether.
- If this happens you need to power cycle to GW by disconnecting all PoE and External power supplies as well as dismounting the backup battery. Alternatively, you can disconnect all power a let it sit overnight to drain the backup battery.