Steps to create new users in OneView
- Login into OneView using a credential which has admin rights.
- Home page will be loaded after login.
- Click on Administrative Tools.
- Click on Users, Groups and Rights Management.
- Click on Create User icon.
- It will now display a popup.
- Input the user details in the popup window.
- All the fields are mandatory.
- Username must be unique for each user.
- Password must have at least 6 characters length.
Note: User’s Email Id can be used as the User name and Password.
- Click “Create User” button after providing the details. The newly created user details will be visible in the Users grid.
- Set Support as “No” for the new user.
- Click “Actions Icon” associated to the newly created user.
- Click on “Applications”
- From the applications list set APPLICATION.VIEW as “Yes” for the application to which the user needs access.
OPTIONAL - Checking the setting by logging in
- Logout from OneView and login using the newly created user credentials.
- It will ask for a password change option.
- Provide the same password and login.
- Home page will be loaded with application(s) associated with the user.
OPTIONAL - Force the user to change password
This option will force a user to change his password if want on his/her first time login into the OneView. This is already enabled as default for new users.
- Go to Administrative Tools -> Users, Groups and Rights Management
- Click on actions icon of the user and click Force Password Change option.
Please sign in to leave a comment.