The Kona All-In-One Smart Room Sensor is powered by a standard CR2450 coin cell. Use only approved CR2450 cells when replacing the battery. The following are approved replacement cells:
- Panasonic (Model CR2450)
- Sony (Model CR2450B)
- EVE Energy (Model CR2450)
- FDK Corporation (Model CR2450)
In order to access the battery, remove the two screws securing the case. The screws are accessible on the bottom of the sensor case and require a Phillips screwdriver PH1:
- Remove the two screws on the bottom of the case.
- While holding the sensor with the bottom facing up, remove the bottom of the case by gently prying the case apart.
- With the bottom removed, the coin cell holder is accessible.
- Remove the coin cell from the holder by gently pushing the cell a little outwards (e.g. by a small screwdriver), then taking the cell from the other end and pulling it out as indicated in the image below:
- Place the new cell in the holder. The top of the coin cell is marked with a symbol indicating the positive terminal. This positive terminal must face up when replacing the cell. Push the cell into the holder until it hits the closed end of the holder.
- Check for LED activity. If the LEDs are lit, the battery replacement was successful.
- Replace the sensor cover and insert the two screws.