The Map Editor is an integrated part of the Flowscape Portal and allows you as to edit your map directly in the Flowscape Portal. From the Map Editor, you can add points of interest, desks, create zones and much more. The map updates directly, making it easy to manage both small and bigger office changes.
- Log in to the MapEditor by clicking on “MapEditor” in the Portal Menu. Use the same credentials that you have to log in to the portal.
Note: Map Editor is only accessible for users with permission to edit the map.
How to Navigate the MapEditor
- To move the map around, hold down “ALT” key + Left mouse button and drawing the map
- Rotate single objects by pressing the Q/E button.
- Move objects using the small green box at the center of the object or use the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- You can also move the object in X/Y lead by using the arrows.
- It is also possible to use “A” and “D” key to move an object in X direction and “W” and “S” key to move the object in Y direction.
You can zoom in and out on the map by using the trackpad.
- Zoom in: pinch two fingers together on your trackpad zoom in
- Zoom out: Move two fingers apart on your trackpad to zoom out.
Functions in MapEditor
- Change site/building/floor
- Swap between 2D and 3D mode
- Hide zones on map
- Read about how to navigate and use the map editor
Publish and Save
- Any changes you do you can undo by clicking the “back arrow”
- If you have pressed the “undo” button you can “re-do” by pressing the “forward arrow”
- You can anytime you want, press the “Save changes” button to save your progress
- When you save, the changes are saved locally in your browser (cache memory). This means that you can leave and come back as long as you are using the same browser and have not clear your cache in between sessions.
- Multiple people should not work on the same floor at the same time, as you risk “saving over” each other’s progress.
- After you have saved you can no longer “undo” using the “back arrow”
- Your saved progress will not show on the flowmap (webapp, app etc.) until you press the button “Publish”. This means you will be able to do all the changes without it affecting the live production map.
- Press button “Publish” to publish the changes to the production “flowmap” (webapp, app etc.). Now everybody will be able to see the changes you have made.
- After you press “save” you will also be able to “delete”. This will bring back the map to the current published version and all your changes will be removed.