The requirement for installing Yanzi equipment on a LAN is:
- The firewall allows access to any IP over port 443. In addition to this, today some of the listed below IPs needs to be accessible over 4445 too.
- There is a DHCP server providing the Yanzi Gateway and Access Points with an IP.
- The DHCP server returns a valid DNS server.
- Any Access Points (AP's) need to connect via uPnP to the Gateway
Currently, the below list contains all IPs for Yanzi's cloud servers the gateways may connect to. The gateway will normally select a default server but might require communication to other servers for normal operations.
Please note that this list can change at any time, in case we need new servers in new locations etc.
Yanzi recommends putting all Yanzi equipment on a separate VLAN.
To summarize, the gateway needs to be able to;
- reach all the below IPs over given ports
- have access to the DNS server returned by the DHCP server
|22.214.171.124||443 and 4445|
|126.96.36.199||443 and 4445|
|188.8.131.52||443 and 4445|
|184.108.40.206||443 and 4445|
|220.127.116.11||443 and 4445|
|18.104.22.168||443 and 4445|
|22.214.171.124||443 and 4445|
|126.96.36.199||443 and 4445|
|188.8.131.52||443 and 4445|
|184.108.40.206||443 and 4445|
|220.127.116.11||443 and 4445|
|18.104.22.168||443 and 4445|
|22.214.171.124||443 and 4445|
|126.96.36.199||443 and 4445|
The updated list can also be found on Yanzi's website:
The requirements for the connection of a gateway to an access point can be seen below:
1) The UPnP/SSDP packets should be allowed on the network.
2) The port 1900 needs to be allowed for the UPnP discovery.
3) Multicast should be allowed as well so that the APs and GW can send broadcast packets to the IP: 188.8.131.52.