When you click on the Flowscape add-in, a Room Finder window will appear. The Flowscape add-in helps you book meeting rooms in your office when creating outlook meetings. When using the Flowscape add-in, it's important that you choose a home location first. This manual will go through:
- How to select home location and offices where you look for meeting rooms
- The basic functions of the Flowscape add-in
- How to book meeting rooms through the outlook system.
1. Select home location
Selecting home location allows the Flowscape Room Finder to prioritize meeting rooms that are in your home office. This makes it easier for you to book meeting rooms that are in close proximity to you. If no meeting rooms are visible when you first enter the room finder, it's because no office has been selected yet.
- Start by clicking on the gear in the bottom right corner of the room selection window
- A list of your company offices will now be visible in the window
- Click on the house icon next to the office you want to have as your home location. Also select them in the list as shown above.
- Click save.
- When this is done, the meeting rooms in your home location will be seen in the list.
What is the difference between selecting the office in the list and choosing home location?
You can select multiple offices, but you can only have one home location. Selecting home location will tell the Flowscape Room Finder that the office/floor in the office is your "office of residence", this will make the Room Finder prioritize the meeting rooms in your home location over other meeting rooms (more about this in section 2).
- As seen in the example, an office can have multiple home locations (one for each floor), it can be benefitial to see meeting rooms available on multiple floors, but still prioritize the floor you reside at for convinience.
- As explained in the section below, in some cases you want to see meeting rooms in other offices for a specific meeting. This function allows you to view meeting rooms in multiple offices without changing your home location.
Select another office where you want to look for meeting rooms
If you need to book a meeting room in another office, you can add that office in the list show available meeting rooms in other locations.
- Start by clicking on the gear in the bottom right corner of the room selection window.
- Select the office you want to be able to choose rooms in. You can choose the whole building or a specific floor.
- Click save.
- An updated list of meeting rooms will now be seen.
Note: Even if you have chosen to view meeting rooms in another office, the meeting rooms in your home location will still be prioritized, hence being at the top of the list.
2. Basic functions
This section will go through the basic functions and structures of the Flowscape add-in.
The Rooms Finder window
When you have opened the Flowscape add-in, a Room Finder window will appear. This window allows you to see a list of the available rooms, choose equipment you want and selecting the office where you want to look for the meeting rooms.
- You can select equipment like a projector by clicking on the projector icon, the filter function will then only show rooms with projectors in them.
- By clicking + or - in the number of seats filter, the room finder will only show meeting rooms with enough seats to host all meeting participants.
Note: The room finder directly filters the number of seats if you have filled in the participants emails in outlooks invitation box.
The green/yellow dots that are visible on the right side of the room names indicates to you how good of a match the meeting rooms are.
The match indicator is decided by:
- Your home location - Meeting rooms in your home location will always be prioritized over any other characteristic. That is why, in the example above, "Salt" is prioritized over "Library" even though library matches the number of seats needed for the meeting.
- The size of the meeting room - After home location, the size of the meeting room is prioritized, that is why "Library" comes before "Nature" in the example above.
- 3 green dots represent a match in home location and number of seats
- 2 yellow dots represent a match in your home location but not in the number of seats.
- 1 Yellow dot represents a match in the number of seats but not in your home location
The available equipment - When you filter for room equipment, the Room Finder will automatically exclude all rooms in the list which does not have the equipment.
3. Book meeting room
When you click on a meeting room, the room will be added as the location, when you then send the invitation to the meeting, the room will be booked.
Note: The meeting room selected will also be added as an participant, it is important to keep this invitation so that the Flowscape Room Finder can be connected to the webapp, App, Room Panels and Billboards in your office.
- When the meeting room is booked you will recieve a confirmation email. The meeting will also be visible in your outlook calendar.