You can integrate your Google calendar system to Flowscape in order to synchronize your calendars and authenticate your users. This step-by-step guide explains what you need to do in order to get this to work.
Step 1. Setup a Google user account
The Google account is used to sync, book rooms, and cancel meetings from the Flowscape system.
Follow this link to find out how to set up a new account for Google.
Make sure to set "Password should never expire" and disable MFA if you don't want the system to stop working when the password becomes invalid.
Step 2. Create rooms resources in Google
If you already have room resources set up in G-Suite you can skip this step. If not, you need to create a room resource for each room you want to include in the system.
Follow this link to find out how to create a room in G-suite.
Step 3. Give "Make Changes to Events" permissions to the service account.
In order to be able to book, extend and end meetings the service account needs to be granted permissions to "make changes to events" for the room resources that should be included in the Flowscape system.
Follow this link to find instructions for how to find these permissions or follow these instructions:
- Go to your calendar with your admin account. http://calendar.google.com/
- Browse to your room calendar: “Other calendars” > “Browse Interesting Calendars” > “More” > “Your Room” > “Subscribe”
- Go back to your calendar. “Your Room” should now be in the “Other calendars” list.
- Click the menu button on “Your Room” and select “Share this calendar”. (NOTE: For a newly created Room resource it may take up to 24h before this option is available).
- Add the user we just created and set the permission settings to “Make changes to events”.
- Click “Save”.
Step 4. Find your Google Domain
The domain is used in order to set who has access to log in to the Flowscape system, only users within your domain are able to log in to the system.
You find your domain, please log in as a google admin to this page: https://admin.google.com/ac/domains/manage?hl=sv
Step 5. Allow for SMTP Relay
SMTP Relay is configured in order for the Flowscape system to be able to send emails. The email functionality is used for the following features:
- Automatic alerts for when a device goes offline
- Info email to the user when the book a resource
- Emails for checking into a resource
Follow this link for instructions regarding how to configure SMTP Relay in Google. Configure the SMTP Relay to allow Flowscape system to send emails. Please reach out to Flowscape if IP address is needed.